Constipation is a condition of the digestive system. It refers to bowel movements that are infrequent or hard to pass. During constipation condition, it is difficult to pass stools or gas. This occurs because the colon has absorbed too much water from the food that is present in the colon. The slow movement of the food through the digestive tract, the more water will absorb by the colon from it. Due to this, the feces become dry and hard. Normally a person can have 2-3 bowel movements in a day and it can vary from person to person. Some have these movements only once or twice in a week. After more than three days the feces become so dry and it is so difficult to pass it out.
What Are the Symptoms of constipation?
- Swollen belly or belly pain
- Fewer bowel movements
- Hard or small stools
- Trouble having a bowel movement
- A sense that everything didn’t come out
Causes of constipation
- Antacid medicines containing calcium or aluminum
- Colon cancer
- Changes in your normal diet and activities
- Eating disorders
- Eating a lot of dairy products
- Not enough water or fiber in your diet
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Not being active
- Overuse of laxatives
- Problems with the muscles and nerves in the digestive system
- Due to some strong medicines
- Hypothyroidism (thyroid)
Apple Juice for Constipation
Apple Juice for Constipation is very useful and effective remedy. Apple juice is a rich source of fiber. It is present in its skin. Apples contain pectin that plays a big role in adding bulk to your stool which makes it easier to have a bowel movement. This can really helpful in improving your constipation problem.
The presence of a naturally occurring sugar alcohol called sorbitol in the apple make it very helpful for constipation’s patients. It works as a natural osmotic laxative and softens the stools to improve constipation. Apple juice is a better solution because it contains both soluble and insoluble fiber and works as laxative to treat constipation. It is also important to include fiber-rich food in your diet, it will prevent constipation and enhance regular bowel movements.
Apple Juice for Constipation in infants (babies):
Even babies can suffer from constipation by fewer bowel movements for 3-4 times a week. To get relief from the constipation, drink regularly 57g of apple juice for twice a day. Babies have a weak digestion system, so make sure that, do not give the excess dose of apples or its juice to your baby. It will worsen the condition.
Apple Juice for Constipation in adults:
Method – 1: (Prune and Apple Juice for Constipation)
- Take equal amounts of fresh apple and pear juice.
- Mix it well and drink it twice a day
- Regularly drink this twice a day to get complete relief from the constipation.
Note: drink this mixer with empty stomach in the morning and just an hour before going to sleep.
Method – 2: (Apple Juice for Constipation-Chronic Constipation)
- Take apple juice and prune juice and mix it well
- Drink this mix juice at least 3 – 4 glasses every day
- Regularly follow this process to get completely rid of constipation.