Constipation, this is the most awkward condition which you can get anytime. If you are suffering from this, you should read this article. By this article, ou can get a perfect cure for this annoying disease. Yes, this is a disease which can get worse if you leave this untreated. Like if you leave this untreated, it can lead other stomach related problems.
This is the condition which is uncomfortable and sometimes it can be painful. This is the most common condition in the United States. Before knowing about its cure, you have to understand the causes of your condition so that in future you can prevent this disease. You can get constipated if you take low-fiber diet, not drink enough water, not going to the washroom when you need to do so and eating unhealthy foods.
As you all know that constipation is the treatable condition and people are using many over the counter remedies to cure this. But according to recent survey after using those medicines they got nothing. Means these medicines can’t do anything. Now the question is if medicines can’t do anything on this, what other you can use? By consuming a juice you can get rid of this. Which juice is helpful in this condition that is all about this article?
Prune Juice for Constipation
According to studies by consuming prune juice for constipation you can get rid of this. Prunes are also called dried plums. Prunes have been used since thousands of years to cure constipation. Prune juices are a great option which can help you in getting rid of constipation. Prunes are known because of their laxative effects. Prunes have antioxidants, anti-cancer, anti-hypersensitive and hepatoprotective properties.
Prune juice for constipation is the best treatment and do you know that prune juice is not made from the same way as other juices are made because there is not much juice to squeeze out. Prune juice is made by soaking prunes in the hot water up to 12 hours. Before boiling you have to rehydrate them. The solid material is strained off and then you will get your solution “prune juice” to the most awkward condition constipation. To know more about the benefits of prune juice for constipation. Here is some nutritional content. A cup of pitted prunes contains
- 418 calories
- 1 gram of fat
- 3 milligrams of sodium
- 4 grams of proteins
- 111 grams of carbohydrates
The most obvious thing is prunes keep you regular because it has fiber content. Prunes have five main properties which help you to get rid of constipation and what are these properties you can read below.
1. Soluble fiber– This fiber improves the digestive system by stimulating a wave movement of an intestinal muscle. This moves your food through the digestive system.
2. Non-soluble fiber– Non-soluble is not digestible and passes through your feces without harming. This draws up a large amount of water and bulks up the stools.
3. Sorbitol– Prunes contains 15 percent of sorbitol which helps in drawing back the lost water content into the colon. This helps to loosen and soften the stool.
4. Active digestive enzymes– Vitamin A, potassium and various minerals are present in the prunes which help to activate the digestive system.
To treat constipation you can either consume prune or prune juice. You can choose as per your condition. For example, prunes are rich in fiber which can cause bloating and gas. If you want to go with prunes juice, try to avoid the juice which contains pulp. Consuming juice with pulp can cause bloating. While consuming this you have to take care of its amount. Prune juice for constipation is the best treatment and if you want positive results, follow these tips.
- If you have mild constipation, consume only three to four glasses of prune juice in a day.
- If you have moderate constipation, 6-9 glasses of this juice are enough for you.
- If you are suffering from severe constipation, 10-12 glasses of this juice are advisable for you to consume.
Dosages of Prune Juice for Constipation
If you don’t like prune juice, you can consume prunes. It’s in the studies if adults are suffering from this problem, consuming 4-6 ounces of prune juice is sufficient. For infants, 2-4 ounces of its juice is enough. Sometimes, consuming more fiber than requirement can’t give any satisfying results. Adding more fiber doesn’t always stimulate the bowel movements. So from now onwards if you see anyone or heard of anyone who is suffering from constipation, suggest his/her to take prune juice for constipation.